It is crucial to stay attuned to the ever-changing needs and desires of today’s new home buyers. In the present market, buyers are more discerning and mindful of their spending, and therefore, it is imperative to showcase the top must-haves buyers are seeking in a new home within your model home.
The following are the top five must-haves to keep in your model home:
- Open-Concept Layouts: A fluid, open-concept layout between rooms is highly sought after by today’s buyers. The seamless flow of the home creates a more expansive and airy living environment and an ideal setting for entertaining guests.
- A Functional Kitchen: The kitchen is the heart of the home, and buyers are looking for a kitchen that is not only functional but also stylish. A large island, plenty of storage space, and user-friendly appliances are highly desirable features in a modern kitchen.
- Work-From-Home Space: With more people working from home than ever before, having a designated workspace has become a necessity. Buyers are seeking homes that offer a dedicated workspace, whether it is a separate room or a designated area within a larger space. If you can show more than one area of the home subtle for working-form-home, or have a successful floorplan!
- Energy-Efficient Appliances, Lighting, and Storage: Environmentally-friendly features such as energy-efficient appliances and lighting, and ample storage space have become a top priority for today’s homebuyers. Energy-efficient appliances help reduce utility costs, while well-designed storage solutions create an organized and clutter-free living space.
- Smart Home Technology: With the proliferation of digital technology, smart home systems have become an integral feature in modern-day homes. Buyers are keen to have a home that is equipped with smart thermostats, automated lighting, and home security systems that can be remotely controlled via a smartphone or tablet.
It is also worth noting that younger buyers may not see the need for a formal dining room. Instead, they may prefer a more casual eating area in the kitchen or an outdoor space for dining and entertaining. Outdoor entertaining and relaxing spaces are extremely important to all age buyers.
Do not take these important areas away from homebuyers! To remain competitive in today’s market, new home builders must keep abreast of the top must-haves buyers seek in a new home. By including the top five must-haves within your model home, you can have more efficient use of space, showcase what buyers want and ensure that your homes are not only attractive but also attainable.
Contact us to learn more about our design and installation process. We design and merchandise model homes that elicit dreams of homeownership – no matter the size or budget – we set our client’s product apart from the competition, and help homes sell.