With the real estate market shifting to a buyer’s market, the investment into a model home is more important than ever for new home builders. We take a deep dive into your target buyer demographic, researching buying trends, needs, and wants, and asking questions to get the intimate details of who will be buying your homes. Location, culture, surrounding workplaces, household incomes, household composition, and price point are a few of the areas we dive into.
The shift to a buyer’s market means your salespeople are no longer order-takers. They need to use your model home, typically your most strategic floor plan, to evoke emotions. Your buyer will be starting their search online but will visit onsite at some point in the buying process.
Denver: Parkwood Homes at Painted Prairie
Appealing to homebuyers of a wide range of diversity – from ethnicity to lifestyle – with busy social and family lives looking for a sense of community. They LOVE to live local – frequent farmer’s markets, local breweries, concerts, and yoga in the park.
- Upon opening the door, you’ll see the quality of craftsmanship and level of detail. Custom-designed built-ins with glass privacy pocket doors for a true working Office.
- The main living space provides the ability to feel connected and wellness-focused:
- Kitchen – Handcrafted subway tile unexpectedly set in a stacked pattern evokes simplicity, order, and symmetry.
- Dining – Light and airy with artisan-crafted elements.
- Great Room – A great space that is conducive to entertaining both in and outdoors.
- Up the stairs, in the Primary “Wing”, heirloom-style tradition combined with modern details add a sense of calm. Right off the bedroom is the private deck which lets you start your morning in solitude.
- The private Carriage House/Studio is the ultimate “work from home” space with vintage-inspired styling and touchable textures. (But oh the opportunities for this amazing little space!)
- Keep going up to the third-floor loft – A fun, flexible hangout with a touch of whimsy.
- On the lower level, you’ll find another entertaining space for gaming, movie nights…or if you need a little space for rooting on your rival team.
The unique architectural design with unexpected outdoor living throughout the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors helps set the model apart from the competition. The interior merchandising highlights well-planned structural options and this model exceeds expectations. It inspires dreams of a lived-in and well-loved home while supporting all the needs of a buyer’s busy lifestyle.
The verdict is clear: model homes do matter. Especially now. There was a recent Homebuilders Association of Metro Denver Sales and Marketing Panel; and the participating panel of sales leaders agree that without the model, you don’t pull the heartstrings. And, the judges agree… The Chelsea model has been named a finalist for the 2022 MAME Awards!
Contact us to see how you can leverage model homes designed and merchandised for today’s buyer. We design and merchandise model homes that elicit dreams of home ownership, set our client’s product apart from the competition, and help homes sell.